It’s Perfect Weather for a New Asphalt Driveway!Thursday, May 19, 2022
If your residential driveway is old and beaten up, there is no better time than now to get it replaced! In terms of asphalt driveway installations, this kind of weather is perfect for asphalt to set. With summer rolling in, the visitors will start rolling in too. Make sure that you have a driveway you can be proud of them to pull into.
Benefits of an asphalt driveway
When it comes to residential driveway materials, there is no better choice than asphalt for a wide range of reasons.
- Affordability – Compared to concrete, asphalt can be cheaper. It can be cheaper to install, and it’s also easier and less expensive to repair.
- Durability – Unlike concrete, asphalt has more flexibility. This means that when harsh Michigan winters freeze your driveway, it’s less likely to crack with the expanding ice. Also, if you’re pulling a heavy truck into the driveway, asphalt can withstand more weight than concrete before it cracks under the pressure.
- Resistance to salt – When you salt a concrete driveway in the winter, the chemicals in the salt will start to erode the concrete. It doesn’t make a difference immediately, but it weakens the concrete to other stresses like weight and ice. Asphalt is more resistant to these chemicals so it won’t be affected as much.
- Appearance – No kind of residential driveway looks as striking as the sharp, smooth black of asphalt. It stands out, and any minor cracks blend in pretty well. Also, as your asphalt fades from sunlight over the years, getting it recoated is a quick and inexpensive process that will restore its original look.
- Increase in home value – While it’s not the most major change you can make in a home, a new asphalt driveway will increase your home’s value. The value of a new driveway itself adds to the price of your home, and its beautiful appearance improves curb appeal for anyone buyers who take a look at it.
Total Asphalt Paving | Residential asphalt driveway installation & repair
If you’ve been thinking about replacing your old driveway, now is your chance. You can get your new driveway installed while the weather is still perfect so that the installation goes off without a hitch. The result will be a perfectly installed asphalt driveway that will serve you well for years to come. Even if you plan to sell your home soon, an asphalt driveway is an investment that pays for itself in increased home value.
To schedule an appointment or get a quote on a new residential asphalt driveway, give us a call at (586) 752-9060 or send in an online contact form.
Other Asphalt Related Articles
Facts About Asphalt
New Driveway Adds Value To Your Home
Mark Appling – 25 Year Employee
All About Asphalt Paving
Asphalt in the Winter
Asphalt – A Sustainable Pavement Material
Asphalt and Environmental Sustainability
Asphalt, an Eco-Friendly, Green Solution
Asphalt Driveways Macomb County
Asphalt Sealcoating and Repair
Asphalt vs Concrete
Residential Asphalt Paving
Commercial Asphalt Paving
Differences Between Asphalt and Concrete
Get Your Driveway Patched or Repaved
Fresh Look Sealcoating
Problems with Potholes
Prepare Your Parking Lot for Winter
Patching Asphalt Before Winter
Repair Those Bumpy Roads